Shayna Gier's Reviews > Awaited

Awaited by Lynn Rush

Apr 27, 2012

Read from April 27 to 29, 2012

What I Loved:

I absolutely loved the character of Anabelle. She was sweet, cute, and simultaneously powerful and vulnerable. While I generally do enjoy a good demon story, this one was especially delightful. At first the demons kind of felt wimpy and too-easily defeated, but by the middle of the story it's clear that's only because the main character, Russel, is just a kick-ass Guardian. Also, Lynn Rush does a wonderful job with teasing and leading the reader on with mysterious events and sentences.

What I Didn't Like:

Not too much to complain about here.

My Overall Review:

(5 of 5 Stars) Delightful

I really enjoyed reading Awaited. It was a fairly easy and quick read, with the action starting in the first few pages and continuing until the last sentence. I really enjoyed how Lynn pointed to an unknown, kept bringing the answer within grasp, and then left readers hanging. While I enjoyed Russel's story, the star of the show is definitely Annabelle. Even before I ever saw her on the page, she was talked about so radiantly that I already knew I'd like her. When she was introduced, she was so incredibly vulnerable, and that was absolutely endearing. If you enjoy stories of angels and demons, this is definitely a book that I'd advise you to pick up.

Disclaimer:

This book was provided for me at no charge, nor was I given compensation
of any kind for this review. This review only reflects my personal opinion.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaited.

message 1: by Lynn (new) - added it

Lynn Rush Thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed AWAITED!!! :)

Shayna Gier I really did! I've gotta go back and read the first now. haha. careless overlooking.

message 3: by Lynn (new) - added it

Lynn Rush You're so cute!! I hope you enjoy Wasteland too!! :) Thanks for taking the time to read and review my stories!!!! :)
Shayna wrote: "I really did! I've gotta go back and read the first now. haha. careless overlooking."

Shayna Gier Thanks! I look forward to it. I was just going through my big pile of swag and goodies from the RT Bookfair and I just about fell over when I realized I met/talked with you and got your signature and didn't realize it! haha. To be fair I'm rather face-blind but that was a super-cool after-the-fact moment

message 5: by Lynn (new) - added it

Lynn Rush OMG, that's so funny!!!! It's hard to keep everyone straight at such a big conference like RT, isn't it? :)

Shayna wrote: "Thanks! I look forward to it. I was just going through my big pile of swag and goodies from the RT Bookfair and I just about fell over when I realized I met/talked with you and got your signature a..."

Shayna Gier It really is! It was an awesome experience though