Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Queen Sector: Dystopian Reverse Harem Romance

Queen Sector by Lucy Auburn

Let's get the bad out of the way.
Queen Sector is my least favorite Zombie Year 2099 story.

Zombie Manhattan is the domain of a necromancer king who is a real prize (that is sarcasm). King Ulric has been building a zombie army by infecting the humans in this future view of NYC. And the only real threat to the King is the Fireflies: a group of rebel witches looking to free the island of His Necrohole reign.

A little bit of Reverse Harem saves this from being something I would put down and not bother picking up until I was out of anything else to read.

Mia and the Fireflies are planning a coup. The witches are going in to assassinate the King. The King has three necromancer sons though who rumor is, have the potential to be just as bad as their dead-raising-dad. To Mia's misfortune, a new supernatural power reveals itself at the worst time, and now, she is unprepared to become the Queen of Zombie World 2099 despite the royal treatment she is getting while imprisoned.

The reason this doesn't do it for me is that it applies every clichéd trope of witches, zombies, alphas, menagé, and the future at large. But also it's 2099, and the author references 2020 pop culture. The whole story irked me.

But I did love the whorish prince. Lucian is all sorts of my kind of guy. And he reminds me of Ashley Amy's Beau, who breaks his wand when he uses it on Via in the Eighth Transgressor series. Lucian's belongs to Mia before he even gets to use it with her.

I still recommend Lexi C. Foss' Andorra Sector or Hellsbreath Sector by Kira Nyte as the better reads of this collection.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary advance copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen Sector.

February 17, 2020 – Started Reading