Serena Yates's Reviews > Professor's Keeper

Apr 27, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: gay
Read in May, 2012 — I own a copy

The somewhat unusual combination of an absent-minded professor and a take-charge ex-Marine made me smile. And even though the reasons why these two work so well together are not clear, I found myself smiling at the single-minded dedication with which the Marine went after Alistair. Love’s workings are meant to be mysterious, and even the professor has to admit it in the end: love is not logical, but his feelings for Rhys are very real.

Alistair is one of the nerdiest, most intelligent, and least socially able people I have ever read about. Everything from his behaviour to his life choices and speech patterns is consistent with his genius-level and very theoretical intelligence. Outside the laboratory and his very safe environment he really is much like the 6-year old kid he was when he entered university. I guess that explains why he never grew up much beyond that social/emotional level.

Rhys is more patient than a saint! He clearly is very attracted to Alistair and feels extremely protective of him. He takes a lot of crap from his as well – it must be true love. When Alistair does come out of his shell, though, it is clearly more than worth the wait. Every professor should have a keeper like Rhys!

If you like stories about opposites that attract, if a wounded ex-Marine and a hyper-intelligent professor seem like an interesting pairing to you, and if very hot action between the sheets (or rather, on the sofa) is your thing, you may like this story.

NOTE: This book was provided by Silver Publishing for the purpose of a review on QMO Books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Professor's Keeper.