Sean Higgins's Reviews > Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics

Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt

bookshelves: economics, kindle, politics

Other than The Wealth of Nations this is the first economics book I've read, certainly the first one I've read for fun. And it was GREAT. At first I wondered how Hazlitt could possibly spend 26 chapters on ONE lesson, but all that proved was how naive I was in imagining ways that men could ruin themselves by only asking narrow questions about short-term consequences. The only ways this book could have been better are if Hazlitt used the Oxford comma, and if he had said somewhere, "This lesson works because this is how Jesus made the world to work." This is a must read for anyone who earns, spends, or invests money. And in light of our wannabe socialist overlords (on both sides of the Congressional aisle) and their campaign to give everything away, it would be very valuable to get this lesson learned sooner rather than later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Economics in One Lesson.

February 19, 2020 – Started Reading