Isaiah's Reviews > War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers

War and Peas by Jonathan Kunz

To see more reviews check them out here.

I got an ARC of this book.

I  have seen this comic around for a while, but I couldn't have told you the name of it until now. The main ones I had seen were of Death and Slutty Witch. So it was really nice to read more than a comic every few weeks.

There is no cohesive plot through the comics. So reading straight through the collection is not necessary. You can read this any way that you like. You can skip to all the Death comics and just enjoy Death doing what Death does (I may slightly promote this way of reading since the comics with Death were the ones that made me laugh the most). I did laugh out loud multiple times while reading, which hurt since I have this weird cold. This book was worth that pain.

Some of the jokes were clever, others were more subtle. There was a sort of joke for everyone. Other comic collections I have read recently focused more on fart jokes or low brow humor, there wasn't as much variety. So I have to appreciate that the jokes here ranged and didn't become repetitive.

Slutty Witch is amusing, but I am not sure why she is slutty. I first saw her in an asexual group, because there is a comic where she says she has no underwear and the guy takes her home to give her a blanket and something hot to drink to prevent a cold. So maybe her name is just silly and has no real bearing on her? I have no idea. I would like to see more of her and find out where the joke goes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War and Peas.

February 19, 2020 – Started Reading