Lelia Nebeker's Reviews > Falling Kingdoms

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

5742072

bookshelves: arcs, fantasy, read-in-2012, ya-fantasy, ya, books-i-own, high-fantasy, ntbf-2015

When I read that fans of Kristin Cashore and George R.R. Martin would enjoy 'Falling Kingdoms,' I didn't think it would be able to live up to the comparison, but I'm officially ready to eat crow. This epic high fantasy novel is completely engrossing, with a cast of characters that, while not exactly likable, are unique and interesting (with one possible exception of the main narrators). The chapters alternate in perspective, so you get to see the story from points of view of the three kingdoms on the brink of war. Rhodes manages to portray each character's story without making any of them seem like the definite hero or enemy, despite the fact that they're pitted against each other. After finishing 'Falling Kingdoms,' I totally understand the comparison to 'Game of Thrones.' 'Falling Kingdoms' has magic, myth, betrayal, shocking character deaths, and plenty of action to keep you engaged. I for one am looking forward to the next installment in this new series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Kingdoms.

April 27, 2012 – Shelved