megs_bookrack's Reviews > A Forgotten Murder

A Forgotten Murder by Jude Deveraux

bookshelves: arcs-read

**3.5-stars rounded up**

When romance novelist, Sara Medlar, arranges a trip to the UK for herself, her niece, Kate and their friend, Jack, she has more on her mind than a relaxing family vacation.

They are headed to Oxley Manor, a stately British home, that her friend Stella has recently converted, with generous funding from Sara herself, into a luxury hotel.

The Manor house has quite a troubled history, including the disappearance of two young people a couple decades before.

It was assumed the pair had run off together, but that wasn't confirmed and their whereabouts were never discovered.

Sara feels inspired. Her plan is to go to the house, inviting all the folks who were there the night of the disappearance, and finally weed out the truth once and for all.

Then, obviously, she will write a book about it.

This book was such a delight to read. It has a classic cozy mystery format with a fun group of main characters.

I loved Sara, Kate and Jack. Their chemistry is engaging and definitely a hoot to read.

Together they bring some serious amateur sleuthing skills and y'all know I eat that stuff up!!

This is actually the third book in the Medlar Mystery series. I haven't read any of the other books and had no problem jumping right in. I never felt lost or like I wish I had more info.

It was fast-paced, with plenty of twists and red herrings. The side characters were all over the top and fun to learn about.

Since reading this, I have added the first two books in the series to my 'to be read' list and definitely plan to get to them.

I think with these three solving mysteries, my attention could be held for years to come.

Although the ending got truly wild indeed, I am so happy to have a new go-to cozy mystery series.

Thank you so much to the publisher, MIRA, for reaching out and bringing this book to my attention.

Also, a hearty thank you to them for providing me with a copy to read and review. I appreciate the opportunity and it is clear y'all know my tastes!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Forgotten Murder.

February 19, 2020 – Shelved
February 19, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
March 1, 2020 – Started Reading
March 1, 2020 –
7.0% "This type of straight forward mystery is exactly what I am craving right now."
March 1, 2020 –
23.0% "So glad I decided to pick this up today 🤗❤"
March 6, 2020 –
March 7, 2020 –
57.0% "A new body!! How exciting!"
March 7, 2020 –
65.0% "'He flirted with Nadine and said he knew a few Florida millionaires. "Only M's?" It took him a moment to know what she meant. "It's Florida, not Nantucket. No billionaires available."'

Awwww, I love when my town gets a shout out in a story! 🥰😁😂"
March 7, 2020 –
80.0% "Although there are a lot of classic mystery elements in this, there is also a lot that is unique. I am really having fun with this 🤓"
March 8, 2020 –