Suziqoregon's Reviews > The Housewife Assassin's Handbook

The Housewife Assassin's Handbook by Josie Brown

liked it

I got this as a free ebook download several years ago. I loved the cover and the email blurb made it sound fun. The tagline “Murder, Suspense, Sex, and some handy household tips” made me giggle. Donna Stone’s husband worked for the CIA. When he is killed, she becomes an assassin for the CIA so that she can help find her husband’s killers.

This is a bit of a mix of romance, suspense, satire, humor, mystery, and Desperate Housewives. I went into it expecting it to be rather light and it was. It’s definitely not something that is anywhere close to literary. The plot has holes big enough to drive several trucks through at the same time. The good guys and bad guys can change sides with the flip of a page and the main character just accepts it without much question.

Normally that kind of thing would make me give up on a book or give it a lower rating, but I can’t because I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it. I’ve requested the second book in the series through interlibrary loan because neither of my libraries has a copy or the ebook. I’m a little embarrassed to say I want more but I can’t help it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Housewife Assassin's Handbook.

February 18, 2020 – Started Reading
February 18, 2020 – Shelved
March 3, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Eleanor (new) - added it

Eleanor I have added this to my TBR, because there are just times in my life where this would be the PERFECT READ. #passiveaggressivesoutherner

Josie Brown Thanks, Suzi, for letting me know that you love my Donna drama as your guilty pleasure. It made my night. Regards, Josie Brown