Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*'s Reviews > Reckless

Reckless by S.C. Stephens

Apr 26, 2012

bookshelves: adult-steamy, contemporary-romance, favorites, romance
Recommended for: EVERYONE!

Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

5+++++ Amazingly Beautiful Rockin’ Stars!
Intense, Gripping and Passionate! An Absolute Must Read!!!

The Review:
Reckless is the third and final book in the Thoughtless series by S.C. Stephens and unquestionable the BEST of the three. I didn’t think this series could get any better after the second book, Effortless, but it totally did! I’m in complete awe. I loved it from beginning to end and though it was filled with the tension and angst I’ve come to expect from this series, it was also filled with excitement and fun! And the Epilogue was just the perfect ending to the journey our super couple embarked on.

Story…
I will be forever changed in how I view rock stars, movie and tv stars and the lives they live. There are tons of perks that come along with being famous but there are also many downfalls. The things that happen in this book to Kellan, Kiera and their friends clearly show how much of a strain that type of life can put on a person and a relationship.

“I will always love you, Kellan. Your heart is safe with me.” - Kiera

Kiera joins Kellan and the rest of the D-Bags on tour while she takes on the challenges of becoming a writer. They face many things while following their dreams and it’s not just the strain of the road that takes its toll on the both of them and their relationship, but also money hungry and star seeking people who have turned the music industry into their own personal power play, making the monkey jump through the hoop of fire. K&K have to come together and fight the things that are trying desperately to tear their love apart. It’s hard, it’s complicated and the tension and angst sent me into a total tail spin. But I always had the hope that when they came out the other side, they would be better and stronger.

“She’s my wife. She goes where I go.” - Kellan

Characters…
Reckless was a story filled with major character growth from all the characters. We see relationships and friendships tested. And we get to see what it means to have a family bond that’s hard to break. It was beautiful and scary.

Kiera has some very tough decisions to make while she supports Kellan in his dream. She showed a maturity throughout everything that happens that is well beyond her young years. She accepted things I would have run screaming from and though Kiera did want to stay hidden from the spot light and I think a lot of the angst could have been avoided had she stood openly beside Kellan from the beginning, I understand and even admire her desire to stay out of the spot light and let her man shine in a place he loves. Kiera doesn’t run from the obstacles in her way. She faces them head on and you can’t help but admire and respect her decisions. She completely puts herself and her needs aside so that Kellan can shine. She’s more secure in herself and in her relationship. And though it may not be to the world, Kiera shines in this book!

“So damn adorable. I never stood a chance.” - Kellan

Kellan is new to the business and the way things work. He’s faced with people who are used to getting what they want, even at the cost of everyone else. He just wants to sing while not letting down the people he loves, including Kiera and his band mates. And what I admire most about him, he never lets the stardom get to him. He stays grounded and though there is rivaling temptation surrounding him, he knows where his heart is. He cherishes and loves Kiera with every fiber of his being. Nothing compares to her in his world. His past is laced with one night stands, overindulgence and a lack of love and caring he never wants to return to. He’s got family now and a support system he never thought he’d have. And he knows what he wants for his future. With Kiera’s help, he finds it and thrives.

description
And Holy Kellan, how adorable were those rose petals? *swoooooon* We all need a Kellan in our lives!

Quote Spotlight…
You’ll never know how incredible you are to me, how desperately I love you. I would do it all over again if I needed to. I’d go back to the beginning for you.

This book is a complete love story filled with conflict, excitement and angst but it also filled me with laughter, smiles and a warm heart. Reckless was an excellent close out to this series which has touched my heart and left me in a wondrous and happy place. If the essence of two characters and their story could be pulled from the pages and planted in my heart, mind and soul, then surely Kiera and Kellan Kyle did just that. I will always love this couple and hold them dear to me.

“You want me to whatbook? And Tweet? Like a bird? Are you serious?” – Kellan

Other Mentions…
I loved the return of all our favorites. This series has a wonderful cast to choose a favorite from. The reliable Evan and Jenny. The adorable Matt and Rachel. The amazing Denny and Abby. But I have to say, besides Kiera and Kellan, the two people who changed the most were Anna and Griffin. I adored this couple and the continual source of crude humor and antics they brought into the series. They were a much needed comic relief during the most trying of times, but Anna and Griffin also became adults and grew as characters, making you love them and respect them. Yes, I said “respect” and Griffin in the same sentence! Amazing, I know ;)

Quote Spotlight…
“He would always want me near him. I would always be first in his eyes. We were a good match. A perfect match. Soul mates.
Passion, friendship, love, loyalty, trust…if you found the right person…you really could have it all.”

The Wrap Up:
This story is a true testament that if you can live through the heartache and you can survive the mistakes you make and the trials life throws your way and if you can move on and grow as a person then you will get your happy ending and it will all be worth it. This author had me tortured in Thoughtless. She had me captured in Effortless. And she has me completely spell bound in Reckless! This author can do no wrong in my book and I am always and forever a fan! K&K forever!!!

A Special Shout Out!! - S.C. Stephens has really come into her own as a writer. From Thoughtless to Effortless, there was a real maturity in writing style, but Reckless blew all her other books out of the line up! She writes with a poetic beauty that rivals the big names in the romance industry and I can’t wait to see her name up there with the rest of them.. because I’m certain it’s going to happen! Good luck to her and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reckless.

April 26, 2012 – Shelved
March 5, 2013 – Started Reading
March 5, 2013 –
page 52
9.52% "Only 52 pages in and already COMPLETELY hooked. So many things happening and the emotion is high.. God I love this series! Im a happy happy woman right now ;)"
March 6, 2013 –
page 150
27.47% "OMG! This is going to go horribly wrong.. I just know it! This book is already making my stomach ache with dread and Im not even half way through it! I'm going to be a rocking mess in a corner before its all over with..."
March 6, 2013 –
page 297
54.4% "Wow... just... wow! Im completely speechless right now.. And totally have the song White Wedding by Billy Idol running through my head on repeat ;p"
March 7, 2013 –
page 341
62.45% ""That...was...the most...disgusting thing...I've ever seen." - LMAO!!!!! Griffin kills me sometimes! Ten minutes later and Im still laughing!"
March 7, 2013 – Shelved as: adult-steamy
March 7, 2013 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
March 7, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
March 7, 2013 – Shelved as: romance
March 7, 2013 – Finished Reading

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty* Ooooh god I love love this cover!!! Soooo sexy. Kellen.... Mmmmm.....

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Farah wrote: "Ooooh god I love love this cover!!! Soooo sexy. Kellen.... Mmmmm....."

Oh I know what you mean! Every time I think of Kellan I literally swoon and get the butterflies. I love this cover and can't wait for the Reckless release! It seems sooooo far away.. I want him NOW! :p

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty* Mee tooo!! When I think of Kellen I bet a ache in my heart. Damn this must be love.....
Soooo counting down the days for this book. I want him tooooo!!!!!

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Farah wrote: "Mee tooo!! When I think of Kellen I bet a ache in my heart. Damn this must be love.....
Soooo counting down the days for this book. I want him tooooo!!!!!"

We should totally get some sort of Kellan party going for when he finally arrives.. a parade with a Kellan float and Kellan balloons and all! ;) Nope, Im not delusional and I totally know he's a fictional character *looks around, grinning* lol.. Seriously though, Im just VERY excited. This is one of the books Im most looking forward to this year.

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty* Hazel G. ( I ♥ Mr. Grey) *Fifty Shades obsessed* wrote: "Farah wrote: "Mee tooo!! When I think of Kellen I bet a ache in my heart. Damn this must be love.....
Soooo counting down the days for this book. I want him tooooo!!!!!"

We should totally get some..."

I should take leave or sick day when this book comes out.
I'm all for the Kellen balloons and maybe a 'reckless party' lmao! I don't care that his fictional! I LOVE HIM!!
From all the books coming out this year, this is the one I'm waiting for the most!! Love love love Kellen!!

message 6: by Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* (last edited Jan 02, 2013 02:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Farah wrote: "Hazel G. ( I ♥ Mr. Grey) *Fifty Shades obsessed* wrote: "Farah wrote: "Mee tooo!! When I think of Kellen I bet a ache in my heart. Damn this must be love.....
Soooo counting down the days for this ..."

Ohh, I like how you think! I'd so take a day off from work for some Kellan love! There are a tons of great books coming out this year, but you're right.. something about this one is just special. That man is totally lickable.. among other things! ;p

Cap'n Heather.....Aarrrrrrr Looks like its about that time to re-read Thoughtless and Effortless!! WOOHOO!!

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Heather wrote: "Looks like its about that time to re-read Thoughtless and Effortless!! WOOHOO!!"

I know right?!? I really want to get in a re-read for those two before the release of Reckless! I need my Kellan fix ;)

message 9: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia Hazel G. ( I ♥ Mr. Grey) *Fifty Shades obsessed* wrote: "Heather wrote: "Looks like its about that time to re-read Thoughtless and Effortless!! WOOHOO!!"

I read it the first time and then listened to it on audio the second time.. I love it in audio..

message 10: by Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* (last edited Feb 22, 2013 02:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Tia wrote: "Hazel G. ( I ♥ Mr. Grey) *Fifty Shades obsessed* wrote: "Heather wrote: "Looks like its about that time to re-read Thoughtless and Effortless!! WOOHOO!!"

I know right?!? I really want to get in a..."

Ohhh.. audio! Im not usually an audio book person but THAT would be awesome! I might have get it and listen to it when I work out. Not sure what the other will think when I start drooling on the elliptical but they'll get over it.. this is Kellan Kyle we're talking about ;)

Cap'n Heather.....Aarrrrrrr sad though...i only have the first 1 in paperback. Im too used to my kindle. I dont know what i am going to do!!!

message 12: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia The only thing about audio is you can't read faster through the sad heart pounding parts .. But I loved it

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Heather wrote: "sad though...i only have the first 1 in paperback. Im too used to my kindle. I dont know what i am going to do!!!"

Im so jealous! I dont have either in paperback. :( But boy would I love them to be sitting on my bookshelf. They are both on my Nook and I've read both books twice but one more is definitely a must before the Reckless release ;)

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Tia wrote: "The only thing about audio is you can't read faster through the sad heart pounding parts .. But I loved it"

True. And both Thoughtless and Effortless have a BUNCH of "sad heart pounding parts". But its ok, I'd totally live through all the angst with Kiera and Kellan for an audio read!

message 15: by Hel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hel Got to re-read this two. Kellan is just sex-on-legs!!! I love these series. I need this book like NOW or better like yesterday!!!

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Helena wrote: "Got to re-read this two. Kellan is just sex-on-legs!!! I love these series. I need this book like NOW or better like yesterday!!!"

Me too! I can't wait til its released. Im sooo gonna stay up all night just to get my Kellan love in ;) Its not long now... Yay!!!

Themis Thanks for the beautiful review, it gave me shivers just reading it. I will start it tonight. I can deal with the ups and downs of their relationship but I can't handle cheating.

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Themis wrote: "Thanks for the beautiful review, it gave me shivers just reading it. I will start it tonight. I can deal with the ups and downs of their relationship but I can't handle cheating."

Wow, thanks for the kind words and thanks so much for stopping in and reading my review.. I have to say this was the best book of the series.. and you will certainly not be disappointed with Kellan or Kiera.. they both have grown and matured so much since the first book. Have fun reading it.. I know I'll be re-reading it in the near future.. it was that good ;)