Rachel Churcher's Reviews > The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky

The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky by Mackenzi Lee

For more YA reviews, visit my blog!

Short, sweet, and really rather lovely, this is the continuation of the story of Monty and Percy, which begins in The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue.

After the adventures of their European Grand Tour, Monty and Percy are finally on the same page - and staying in a beautiful house on a romantic beach, with the ever-practical Felicity taking an interest in their love lives.

But Percy has never slept with anyone before, and Monty has never slept with anyone he cares about. Getting lucky might prove more difficult than it sounds.

Mackenzi Lee's wonderful characters from The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue are back, their personalities and frustrations leaping from the page. This progression of their story is real, awkward, and relatable, picking up on the importance of consent, communication, and openness in intimate relationships. This isn't an empty Happy Ever After, but it takes an unfiltered look at how you might get there.

I loved meeting Monty, Percy, and Felicity again, and it was wonderful to follow the development of their relationships. The hardback edition of the novella is expensive, but absolutely gorgeous, and I'm glad I splashed out. A lovely, short, and rewarding read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky.

Finished Reading
March 28, 2019 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
March 28, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
February 17, 2020 – Shelved