Becky's Reviews > So Close

So Close by Serena Bell

Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 2/21/2020.

A solid start to what looks to be a great series--yay!

I really enjoyed Auburn and Trey's story. I liked the deal that Auburn made with him to give the inn and her custom-made schedule a week (even though he had no intention of changing his mind about the sale--grrrrrr) and how many cute and sweet (not to mention occasionally sexy) moments that came from it.

Actually, there were a lot of sexy moments in this one, come to think of it. Not that I'm complaining... ;)

Ms Bell did a great job of putting Auburn and Trey's goals in clear opposition here--I have to admit that there were points when I honestly couldn't see how she would possibly get them to a satisfying HEA. She did, of course, and it was believable (romance community FTW!) and didn't make me hate Trey forever, even though at times I was worried that I might have to.

(Actually, that was another thing that I really liked--how the (not so) "grand gesture" was handled. It was different, but exactly what was needed here--plus, both of them acted like grownups and no one had to truly grovel to get them to that HEA...even if one of them might have kinda deserved to, I'm still glad it didn't come down to that.)

Tierney Bay sounds like just the kind of place I'd love to visit (or move, really!) and we get just enough of a look at Auburn's several siblings (oh, and Trey's sister...obviously she needs an HEA too) to whet our appetites for their books. (Assuming they'll all have books. Surely they will?)

Write fast, please, Ms Bell! :)

Rating: 4 stars / A-

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Close.

February 16, 2020 – Started Reading