V Family Fun's Reviews > Dark Heart Surrender

Dark Heart Surrender by Lee Monroe

Apr 26, 2012

Read from April 26 to 27, 2012

I had read the first two books in this series (Dark Heart Forever and Dark Heart Rising) and thought they were fab so I was looking forward to reading this one. Part of the reason I love this series is because they are not just based on one supernatural creature but lots of them – werewolves, vampires, witches, angels and shapeshifters.

I definitely enjoyed this book as much as the previous two, it was written in such a way that I just couldn’t stop reading. Every page kept me interested and left me wanting more so I ended up reading it in one day.

This story followed on from book two where Luca had gone back to the human world to live with Jane and this book sees them trying to adapt to their new life but somehow they end up facing yet another danger that threatens to tear them apart. It seems that trouble follows them wherever they go and I get the feeling that they may never be able to have a normal life together which is a shame because I really want things to work out for them.

I found this book to be exciting and intriguing, there were so many questions raised like who was the mystery girl who lost her necklace, and who or what the mysterious Polly and Ade might be.

The only negative thing I would say about this book is that I found Jane’s reaction to something Luca did quite unbelievable. I don’t want to give away what he actually did so I won’t say too much but I felt that she would have questioned him more about it – I found myself waiting for the moment that she would ask him more about what had happened, but that moment never came and this just didn’t ring true for me because Jane seemed like the kind of girl who would want to know all the details.

This exciting and dark story had me engrossed from start to finish and I’m hoping for more from this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Heart Surrender.