Heather Gadd's Reviews > The Lost Book of Adana Moreau

The Lost Book of Adana Moreau by Michael Zapata

bookshelves: read-in-2020

Reading this book was a unique experience. It is not written in a traditional format, whether that is because I"m reading an ARC or if that is the intention, but its idiosyncrasies can make it a challenge to read. The story in itself is fascinating, I've always loved the premise of trying to find someone that has seemingly disappeared. I also enjoyed the progression of the generations, the main character's origin story. The there are the stories within the story, including the "lost book". It's as if you're reading multiple books at the same time.

This was not a page-turner in the traditional sense, it takes time to absorb and digest what you're reading, if anything, to sort out what story you're actually reading, but once you process one part, you definitely want to get back into it and learn the conclusion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Book of Adana Moreau.

December 28, 2019 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
December 28, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
February 16, 2020 – Started Reading
February 16, 2020 – Shelved
February 17, 2020 –
February 19, 2020 –
29.0% "Intriguing. Hard to get into but I’m interested enough to keep going."
February 20, 2020 –
37.0% "It’s slow going. The writing style is unique and there are some problems with the text, which I attribute to it being an ARC, and that makes reading that much more difficult. However, I’m still curious about the characters and where this story is going."
February 21, 2020 –
46.0% "It’s picking up speed. The characters are definitely worth the time. It’s mysterious and the imagery is exquisite."
February 24, 2020 –
60.0% "Okay, well, time wise, I’m beyond the point where I can give this book three stars. I’m pushing through because it’s one I have to review, but at this point I’m just wishing it would end. I see the merits in the message, but the delivery is lacking."
February 27, 2020 –
91.0% "This is the homestretch! The story is definitely worth my struggle with the style of writing. Stay tuned for the review!"
March 7, 2020 – Finished Reading