Adrienne Young's Reviews > Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Apr 26, 2012

Unlike a lot YA and dystopian work - Laruen Oliver is actually a really gifted writer! Love the characters, how they grow and how they relate to one another. I can't stand it when characters are the same at the end of a story as the beginning. Lena is totally different than she was in the first book and instead of being afraid and unsure, she has to confront her anger and hatred in this one. The other upgrade from the first book in the series is that this is much more action packed. While the first book spent most of it's time on her relationship with Alex, this book spends a lot more time on the society, government, etc and a lot more happens. I didn't think I'd like the "Then" & "Now" format when I started reading, but I wound up really enjoying it - a pleasant surprise. BUT I do still think that both the first book and this one needed more development as far as the futuristic aspect. The government did not seem equipped for the future making some things not totally believable or just less interesting than they could have been. For example, I would love for her to explain exactly what they do in the procedure and how it works, etc. That said, I loved it and would recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandemonium.