Romancing the Book's Reviews > Rise from Darkness

Read in April, 2012

First Posted on Romancing the Book Blog
Reviewed By~Aubrey
Review Copy Provided By~Bewitching Book Tour

I don't often read YA novels but when I do I always love them! I really should start reading more. I really enjoyed Rise from Darkness. It had such an interesting world with the perfect mix of paranormal elements and real world issues. I was hooked to this novel from the first page and could not put it down. I wanted to find out what happened next and finished the novel in a couple hours. It really doesn't happen often any more where I'm left guessing what is going to happen next or where I have to really think about what is going on. The storyline in Rise from Darkness is very complex with many secondary characters. It is one of those novels that you want to read more than once because you know you have missed something the first time around.

The main character Gaby has a lot things in her life that she doesn't quite understand and it frustrates her. Her life is not like those around her and she really wishes it was. She never had friends growing up and forget about a boyfriend. Her dad is way too strict for that. Her life completely changes when she meets Alex and his sister Sammy on the beach. They appear to be human but they really are not. Gaby isn't quite human either. Alex and Gaby become more than friends. Their relationship takes a lot of hits that most relationships don't endure but they find a way to stay together.

Rise from Darkness is an excellent first novel in a series where it gives us all the information needed to know what is going on and sets the reader up for future novels and this was all done seamlessly. I will be looking for the next novel in the series because I'm so anxious to find out how Gaby deals with all the changes in her life. Knight is definitely an author to watch out for!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise from Darkness.

Lindi Peterson I can't wait to read this book. Been looking forward to it.

message 2: by Ciara (new) - added it

Ciara Knight Thank you for reading and taking the time to review, Rise From Darkness. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.