Britney's Reviews > Endure

Endure by Carrie Jones

Apr 25, 2012

Read in April, 2012

I have truly enjoyed this creative and original series. When I first read NEED, it was the first time I had ever read a book focused on pixies, and its still the only series I've even seen about pixies. From their blue skin and pointy teeth, to their "need", Carrie's supernatural creatures captivated me (no play on the second book's title intended, although it was a happy coincidence). CAPTIVATE and ENTICE continued to take the creativity up a notch and drew me more and more into Zara's world. I was so excited when Bloomsbury asked me to be a part of the blog tour for the final book in the series, ENDURE.

****WARNING: If you have not yet read books 1 - 3 in the NEED series, there may be spoilers in the review below. Proceed at your own risk, or skip to the last paragraph :) ****

In the fourth and final installment of the NEED series, Zara has accepted her pixie nature and begins to really embrace it. Unfortunately, not everyone in her circle has done the same. While relationships are challenged, renewed, and bloom, Zara and her friends prepare to fight Frank and avert the apocalypse. I loved how Zara really discovered herself in this book and took charge of life while staying true to her nature. She faces numerous obstacles in her relationships and her battle against the evil pixies.

The Norse mythology that has played a role in the previous books continues in ENDURE and is really fascinating. There are some new gods and mythology introduced that was really interesting. The rivalry between Nick and Astley continues and the intensity skyrockets. The good news is I am really happy with the way things were resolved in this triangle even though it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.The best part of ENDURE for me was the involvement and development of the secondary and even seemingly less significant smaller characters as well as past characters. I know that really doesn't make much sense if you haven't read it yet, I promise it will be great!

After all was said and done, I was VERY happy with the way things were wrapped up and my favorite character, after Zara of course, was Astley! I won't go into detail, but I will say that his character is really revealed in this book and you won't be let down.

Overall, ENDURE was a fabulous end to an amazingly creative series. If you have read any of this series, I strongly recommend completing it. If by some miracle you haven't yet picked up NEED, I HIGHLY recommend it! Fans of the supernatural genre will love it. But if you are one of those people who feel that the supernatural genre is a market flooded with vampires, werewolves, and faeries, I really think you should give this series a shot. Pixies are the new vampire! FEED THE NEED - PICK UP THIS SERIES TODAY!

*Digitat galley provided by Bloomsbury via Netgalley for honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endure.