Kaede's Reviews > The Eleventh Plague

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from May 01 to 03, 2012

3.5

Honestly, when my friend recommended this book to me, the first and only thought that ran through my head was: Been there, done that.

But then sometime caught my eye and I snatched the book from my best friend's hands. A freaking quote by THE Suzanne Collins. I couldn't resist, I had to see what The Eleventh Plague was all about.

The Bad: This book is like most dystopians, featuring a broken world and some sort of corrupted goverment. The story wasn't original. I still stand by the judgement I first made when I saw this book.

The Good: The Eleventh Plague follows Stephen's story, which was a nice change from all the books with annoying female protagonists I've been recently reading. Stephen was a great character, and quite relatable too. Jenny was the one who really surprised me though. Her growth was really something.

The ending really caught me off guard too. I didn't see that coming. I really did think this book would end with Stephen and Jenny together forever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eleventh Plague.

05/02/2012 page 123