Farshana S A's Reviews > Thirteen

Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh

bookshelves: kindle, netldc

Absolutely cracking legal thriller!

Courtroom dramas with its layered reveal of truths is magical and Steve Cavanagh has managed to provide an outstanding thriller that leaves the reader gasping for breath.

This is book #4 in Eddie Flynn series which I am reading first but I don't think I have missed much by not reading in order. Eddie is appointed as co-counsel for the trial of the century involving the power couple Robert Solomon and Ariella Bloom. Robert has been indicted for the murder of his wife and his chief security but Eddie is convinced of Robert's innocence. He's been up against corrupt NYPD cops in the past and the same scenario seems to be in play but stacks are piled high against Robert as all evidence points to him. Eddie hires ex-FBI private investigator Harper to help in his case but is it just a case of saving an innocent man? Definitely not as the Dollar Bill becomes the most important piece of evidence in leading Eddie and his team to the most convoluted and deranged, the utterly cunning serial killer in their midst.

I loved loved how the author uses the number 'Thirteen' and the magical rule of 'three' to highlight certain twists in the story and how the thirteen olives, arrows and stars in a dollar bill becomes the reason every puzzle finally clicks into place. It’s been a while that I have actually liked a killer in a book but his cunning ability to metamorphose into anyone was brilliant.

In all, an addictive and immersive thriller that is utter pleasure😊

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen.

Started Reading