Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Pack of Lies

Pack of Lies by Hailey Edwards

Pack of Lies is book two of The Potentate of Atlanta series by Hailey Edwards.

Hadley is growing on me and the redemption storyline for her is working. I like her humor and how she uses it as a way to deflect when her feelings become too complicated.

Ambrose is a fun character and an unapologetic killer, but he makes me laugh.

I like that Hadley and Midas are finally working towards a relationship, even thou it seems like it's impossible. They both have issues and the romance is a slow build.

The story moves along at a nice steady pace. The action is entertaining, but our main focus seemed to be on Hadley and Midas’s relationship.

In this story we are treated to some type of magical roach creature. This storyline was a bit confusing to me and we don’t get any true understanding on this or conclusion, yet. Hopeful more will be reveled in the next installment. As for the ending we do end on a cliffhanger. Now, I’m not a fan of those, but nothing I can do about that.

The one thing that got to me is how much she relies on Linus still. I feel she needs to start weaning away and not calling him on every little thing all the time. It's ok to need someone to bounce ideas off, but I feel she calls him to much. I get she's still in the probation faze, but one day she's going to need to rely on her team and herself.

Pack of Lies was another good book in the series. It did leave me a little confused, but I like that we are seeing Midas and Hadley work on a relationship. I’m looking forward to the next installment.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pack of Lies.

February 11, 2020 – Shelved
February 17, 2020 – Finished Reading
February 23, 2020 – Shelved as: 4-stars
February 23, 2020 – Shelved as: fav-urban-fantasy
February 23, 2020 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Awesome Review Angela!!😉💖💋👍

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Awesome Review Angela!!😉💖💋👍"

Thanks!