Andrea Stoeckel's Reviews > Popcorn and Poltergeists

Popcorn and Poltergeists by Nancy Warren

bookshelves: cosy-mysteries, ebook, fiction, paranormal, pnr, series

“...I felt better able to confront the poltergeist when I went back. I imagined most people who had an encounter with the scary force never went back for more. I was going to let this spirit know I wasn’t going anywhere until I had some answers.”

Lucy and the Vampire Knitting Club are at it again, and this time, it's less focused on the shop, and more on the community at large as there has been a mystery involving missing manuscripts that no one has been able to solve for enough years that the library that housed them at St. Mary's College is reputed to be haunted. Poltergeists and vampires don't get along so well, so Lucy volunteers to become the "lead investigator" despite her communities' fears that she is in danger, under the guise of Rafe's assistant investigating historical handicraft manuscripts.

Is Lucy in danger? Will the help St Mary's? Is it really a ghost or is that a rumor perpetuated to hide theft. This is a fascinating story that stretches Lucy's abilities as she grows into her powers as a witch and her confidence as Rafe's "friend" and William's confidant, as well as deference to her skill in both the witch and vampire communities.

Lucy is definitely stepping into her own and it's a lovely thing to see. Nancy Warren has taught me many things in 9 books, including how wonderfully she does her own homework. With a(n) historical focus on Charlotte Bronte [one of my favorite authors of all time] she brings us smack dab into old books and their importance in new scholarship. I continue to call this one of my favorite series. Highly Recommended 5/5

[disclaimer: I received this book from the author as a gift and voluntarily chose to read and review it]
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Popcorn and Poltergeists.

February 11, 2020 – Started Reading