Mrs Mommy Booknerd's Reviews > The Bro-Magnet

The Bro-Magnet by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

Apr 25, 2012

bookshelves: review-for-mmbbr-s

When reading The Bro-Magnet I felt like I was hanging with my friends. I was laughing from the first sentence and continued right until the end. Baratz-Logsted has really captured the essence of the man's approach to women, as well as the easy going nature of male friendships. I felt like I was privy to some secret club by getting a look at the workings of a man's mind. One must not ignore the story of a man that is repulsive to women, but has the power to have strange men to ask him to be their best man. That, my dear friends, is Johnny.

The dialogue between Johnny and the supporting characters was funny and right on the money. I absolutely fell in love with this odd bunch of characters. The dynamic between Sam and Johnny is friendship at its most honest and truest form. I am sure you will appreciate the advice and ribbing they give each other. Johnny and Sam have some super funny one-liners too.

The Bro-Magnet is entertaining and original! It is a MUST read. It is a great book to share with a book club and a book that you and your significant other can read together too! Books like The Bro-Magnet are why I love being a blogger. I never would have come across this book otherwise. Now I can share this great read with you and feel so blessed to have read it! I rated is 4.5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bro-Magnet.