Jessica McCann's Reviews > The Speed of Life

The Speed of Life by Anne Pete

This is a thought-provoking and moving story about a woman coming to terms with her past and her terminal diagnosis. If you enjoy women’s fiction with a literary bent, this is a must read. I especially loved the thematic elements connected to nature, the Sonoran Desert, and Native American folklore. As a former medical writer, I was also impressed with the author's research of Huntington's Disease and how she flawlessly wove the most important details into the narrative without being heavy-handed. This is a must read, but have tissues handy! Thanks to the author for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Speed of Life.

Started Reading
February 1, 2020 – Finished Reading
February 11, 2020 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Elyse  Walters Excellent review... I loved this book too - those tissues are great advice. 💕

Jessica McCann Elyse wrote: "Excellent review... I loved this book too - those tissues are great advice. 💕" Thank you, Elyse. Loved your review, too. I cried both tears of grief and happiness. Such an well-crafted, emotional story!

Melissa Crytzer Fry With your review and Elyse's reviews, I'm all in, fellow desert dweller! A saguaro on the cover ... Be still, my heart!

Jessica McCann Melissa wrote: "With your review and Elyse's reviews, I'm all in, fellow desert dweller! A saguaro on the cover ... Be still, my heart!"Looking forward to your review!

message 5: by Cheri (new) - added it

Cheri Jessica, knowing that you loved this one as well as Melissa and Elyse, means I have to grab a copy of this ASAP! Hoping to see a new book from you soon, as well!

Jessica McCann Cheri wrote: "Jessica, knowing that you loved this one as well as Melissa and Elyse, means I have to grab a copy of this ASAP! Hoping to see a new book from you soon, as well!"I'm sure you'll love it, Cheri. And thank you for the encouragement on my writing. My third novel is in the works!