Alex findingmontauk1's Reviews > Whispers in the Dark

Whispers in the Dark by Laurel Hightower

bookshelves: owned, lohf

For starters: I cannot believe this is a debut novel from Laurel Hightower! The storyline, her knack for getting under your skin, her ability to write believable characters, etc make it seem like she has been doing this for quite some time.

Rose McFarland can be described as a gutsy woman who takes no crap. She is a sniper for S.W.A.T. and her fiery past is definitely one for the books. But as the story progresses, her past and present reunite in the best and worst ways. All of these things make this book perfect for fans of thrillers and horror - there's a bit of both in this one! There are some genuinely creepy scenes in this that had me wondering just how it would play out on the big screen - yes, I do that sometimes with certain books when I am completely pulled in. I want to experience it with all my senses. And this book demands all of my senses! A solid 5-star read and I cannot wait for Hightower's next endeavor!

Thank you to the author, Laurel Hightower and JournalStone publishing for the review copies to our Night Worms Book Party.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers in the Dark.

February 11, 2020 – Started Reading