Aly (Fantasy4eva)'s Reviews > Free Four: Tobias Tells the Divergent Knife-Throwing Scene

Free Four by Veronica Roth

liked it

Oh man, this was awesome!

But I just wish there was more. Although it was quite lovely seeing things from Four's POV. You know, I've never really swooned over him or found myself connecting to him for some reason. But here I liked him a little more. I particularly enjoyed his observation of the other initiates. I thought that was pretty interesting and informative.

I like that she is not your typical pretty heroine but he finds her determination and solid strength attractive. I can love him a little more for that.

And Amar, guys! Doesn't he sound awesome? I really found myself wishing that he was still around. He seemed like a pretty badass and cool leader.

You know, I can really see a prequel series/book working well. Imagine reading the times when Eric and Four were initiates. And actually reading about times where the rules weren't as fucked up, where you can see Four more as a teen, rather than the adult he has been forced to grow into due to tough times. And Eric progressing from an asshole to the mentally unstable shit that he is. Sounds interesting, huh. This is a prequel (book or series) that actually makes sense to me.

And because I am kind. Here you are :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Free Four.

Started Reading
April 25, 2012 – Shelved
April 25, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

Erika Thanks for the link, i didn't know i could find it there :)

Aly (Fantasy4eva) np. hope you like it :)

Aly (Fantasy4eva) hmm. it does for me. do you have facebook. try logging in first :)

Jennifer I agree I think there's a lot more there in the entire history of initiates and such that Roth could take on once the Divergent series is over because there's so much background built up, especially after reading "Insurgent."

Aly (Fantasy4eva) Arlene wrote: "where did you find this book...i can not find it anywhere niether amazon or ebay or nothing..and i really want to read this book :/
CAN YOU HELP ME OUT"

clink on the link in my review . should take you to the chapter . :)

message 6: by Arlene (new) - added it

Arlene Barco so thats it...it
s not an actual book, well thats lames. its really good..even those couple of pages!! :/

Aly (Fantasy4eva) ahh. you want the first book, divergent? you could buy it online. book depository does free shipping :~)

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa THANK YOU!!!! :D

Aly (Fantasy4eva) Np. Hope you like it ;)

message 10: by Shar (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shar I have to agree with you! I never really found myself loving Four or getting excited about Tris loving him. But this little book did a great job in allowing us to see his thoughts better and it did make me like him a lot more too.

You have a great idea about Roth making a prequel about Four and Eric. When I think about it, it'd make a pretty good book reading about them as initiates even if its a small ebook online.

Leila Thanks for the comment!! I can't wait to read it now!!!!!

message 12: by Qwerty (new) - added it

Qwerty where did you get the link from to read it?

message 13: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney It won't let me read it :( could someone tell me how

Elisabeth I think if you liked it so much, you should have given it a better rating!

Aly (Fantasy4eva) Hey guys:) it's been a while so that's the only Link I'm aware of. I gave it a average rating because short stories always tend to leave me unsatisfied. And although I liked it and it gave some nice insight into Tobías , it didn't do much else.

Elisabeth Oh, I understand. Thanks for reviewing! Is it worth reading?

Aly (Fantasy4eva) I'd say it is. If I had to pay for it my answer might be different but if you can find it online it is deffo worth a go. It's pretty sweet to see a hint of his past. You have some characters who seemed really cool. Let me know if you read it!

Elisabeth I read it and I feel the same way! I'm glad to have a little insight into Tobias's side of the story.

message 19: by Gab (new)

Gab Howell A prequel would be Amazing

message 20: by belle (new)

belle I've never really thought about it, but a prequel would be PERFECT for this series. Fours story, basically sharing tris' from sorting to......

I have always wanted to know so much more about this character, and I think this would make it so readers can learn more, but not take away the air of mystery that makes four so special :)

Aly (Fantasy4eva) I'm all for that. now it's just a matter of when or if *sighs*

message 22: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily You can read it from this link. A girl writes stuff from four's perspective on her own in this blog thing but chapter six is written purely by Veronica Roth and it is this "free four" edition https://m.fanfiction.net/s/8586885/6/