Helen's Reviews > The River Home

The River Home by Hannah Richell

2120137

This is a book I could barely put down, set in a quiet village in Somerset, England, it is the story of a dysfunctional family, secrets kept and of love, hurts and forgiveness, MS Richell has dug deep with emotions from these characters and told a story that had me grabbing for the tissues and feeling so many emotions, I hope that you will pick this one up and get to know Eve, Lucy, Margot and their family who live by the river.

Margot Sorrell is finally returning home to Windfalls the family home she ran from when she was a teenager, she buried many secrets in the corner of her memory, but now her sister Lucy has sent her a message saying she needs her. Coming home has Margot on edge being with her sisters and mother is opening up wounds, but Lucy has her reasons for bringing the family together and maybe it is time that secrets are told and with pain then maybe healing will come.

The relationship between the sisters has always been strong and loving and reuniting in the house that they had grown up in has them all feeling emotional, there will be changes that will bring much sadness but also show what love can do. Eve, Lucy and Margot all uncover secrets that have been causing hurt but together they will feel the strength and love that will keep them going.

I truly loved this story, I am still tearing up writing this review and I hope I do it justice, beautifully written with love and caring it shows what love can do, how it can bring a family together even though there has been so much hurt and resentment in the past through grief there is the chance to mend the broken bridges and find peace and happiness again. This is a story that I highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The River Home.

February 10, 2020 – Shelved