Shannon's Reviews > Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

Apr 25, 2012

Read from April 25 to May 05, 2012

After I stepped back in time with Diana and Matthew and came across the dreaded 'to be continued' I thought I might die for not knowing what happens. Then all these many months later imagine my delight when our store rep whipped out an ARC and I thought I might die of excitement. Well, 800 pages later, I can tell you that Deborah doesn't disappoint. Nestled nicely in my favourite genre of 'historical fiction', Matthew and Diana's relationship progresses (but not without a few hiccups), all of the new characters were fantastic, Diana's magic is infinitely cooler than I gave it credit for in "Discovery of Witches" and now I'm left desperately wanting to know what has been going on back home whilst we've been away. Granted, it's not the cliffhanger of the first one (but let's face it, could we stand another one of those?), but there is certainly a lot left to explore in the final installment.

Deborah fans, you can rest easy, this is just as good as the first and it will be in your hands soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Night.