Lexi.vernaglia's Reviews > My Best Friend

My Best Friend by Mary Ann Rodman

U 50x66
Apr 24, 2012

liked it

This book is about a young girl named Lily. She is six years old. It is summer time and every Wednesday she goes to the community pool. There is a girl named Tamika, who is seven years old, and Lily has already decided that Tamika is going to be her best friend, even though she doesn’t even know her. Every Wednesday at the pool Lily tries to get Tamika’s attention, however Tamika is best friends with Shanice. They don’t pay attention to Lily and they are sometimes rude to her. One day Shanice doesn’t make it to the pool and Tamika and Lily play together. They have a great time. Lily is convinced that they are best friends now. However the following Wednesday when Lily calls out Tamika’s name, she is with Shanice, and once again they don’t give Lily any attention. Keesha, who is also six, has been trying to become friends with Lily this entire time, but Lily is so caught up in Tamika that she doesn’t even give Keesha a chance until that Wedneday. Lily finally stops trying to get Tamika’s attention and decides to play with Keesha, her new best friend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Best Friend.