Lindsay's Reviews > No Name Baby

No Name Baby by Nancy Bo Flood

it was ok
bookshelves: to-be-reviewed, netgalley, 2012-reading-challenge, a-z-title-challenge-2012, e-books-nook
Read 2 times. Last read April 25, 2012 to April 26, 2012.

I thought to myself when I started reading this. What is this story about. It starts out with Sophie's dream. She was dreaming about three gravestones by a fence. Her mother was calling her from downstairs.

There this big family secret. Sophie blame herself for her mama premature labor. For her mama had loss lots of babies. The new baby is Sophie new living sibling. You could tell their was some secret that the adult were trying to cover up and not tell her. Her Aunt Rae act strange to Sophie though out the book. If you want to find out what this secret is I suggest you read the book. For I am not tell you any spoilers. I thought that Aunt Rae was a bitter woman and could not believe what see did to her niece Sophie.

Several chapter were all about chores and watch the baby. I understand that they were to be Italian-American. Sophie is like the first or second generation to be born in america. You would think that her grandmother, Aunt, Papa, Mamma would teach her about her homeland. Though some Italian word were metion though out book here and there.

I will tell you this I though it was one I could put down and leave down. I though okay what on tv and glance it and then I turn my nook off for bit and turned back on. I would not recommend this book. It was not my cup of tea though that does not mean it was a bad book or anything to do with the author who wrote. It just was not my cup of tea. I will a good read.. I though though to myself a few questions though I can not remember I was thinking when though questions came.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Name Baby.

Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
April 24, 2012 – Shelved
April 25, 2012 – Started Reading
April 25, 2012 – Shelved as: to-be-reviewed
April 25, 2012 – Shelved as: netgalley
April 25, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-reading-challenge
April 26, 2012 – Finished Reading
May 16, 2012 – Shelved as: a-z-title-challenge-2012
June 28, 2012 – Shelved as: e-books-nook
January 16, 2016 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)