Tina's Reviews > Demon Marked

Demon Marked by Meljean Brook

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed-twolipsrevies-com

Ash is a half demon and now she is beginning to feel emotions. Her memory is a mess with large blanks in it. She has vermillion symbols tattooed on the left side of her face and glowing red eyes which often frighten people. Ash had been in a private mental hospital for three years. Nicholas St. Croix had once been her lover. She wants to get her life back together and when she finds out her real name is tied to this man, she knows she has to find him.

Nicholas St. Croix’s mother’s body was possessed by a demon after the death of his father. Nicholas discovers that the demon also is the one responsible for his lover’s disappearance. When he discovers that Ash is the woman he once loved and is now a half demon, will he let old prejudices taint the future they can have together?

Demon Marked by Meljean Brook is part of her Guardians series, though I found this to be a good stand alone title. I was really intrigued by the characters in this book. First we meet Ash, who is very confused and but is cool. She’s been through a lot and doesn’t understand what is going on. She is beautiful but scary and is somewhat fractured; she can’t even remember her real name.

Nicholas has been betrayed on many levels. Having a demon as mother and finding out everything she had done has really takes an emotional toll on him. I liked that he still remained strong and loving despite everything he went through.

The star of this book for me was Ash; her survival and adaptation enabled her to discover a love she deserves. I loved the action, adventure, and romance in this book, and I definitely look forward to reading the next book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Marked.