Amanda's Reviews > Appetizers

Appetizers by Ivan Rusilko

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads, indie-challenge-2012
Read from July 20 to 21, 2012

I will leave a full review later... When I can properly think ;)

Here we go:

I first heard about this book back at the Chicago RT Convention in April where I met Omnific Publishing. With them they had this beautiful man. This didn't come as big of a shock because many publishing houses or authors bring cover models with them as promotion. Then he was introduced as Doctor Ivan. Doctor? Did I hear that right? Before I can gather any thoughts on this it is also mentioned that he was Mr. USA, a bodybuilder, and now an author of this book which is coming out at the end of July... which is also based around his lust and love life.

Shut the front door.

After a few minutes of staring like an idiot, my professional side comes back and starts asking questions. The first brilliant one being, "Huh?" Yep, seems Everly Drummond (GENIUS!!) emailed him one day with an idea that snowballed into what I hope many of you will read here in the near future.

The Winemaker's Dinner: Appetizers is the first book in a trilogy following the life of Dr. Ivan Rusilko and Jaden Thorne. It's a story that starts out with these two meeting at the winemaker's dinner in Florida. Jaden is a new chef in an up and coming restaurant trying to make it big in the Miami heat. Ivan is, well, Ivan. You can actually google him and get an idea of what his character is like.
Meet Dr. Ivan Rusilko.

Jaden finds herself being thrown into all that Miami has to offer. VIP parties are traded in for quiet Saturday nights. Her skills as a chef are being noticed which sends her into celebrity status. Ivan is no stranger to being noticed when he's out on the town, so together they are one of the hottest couples around.

This book had everything I love to see in a romance. There was chemistry, a little bit of lust, some cat and mouse chase thrown in there, those sweet and tender moments, a massive amount of sexy, and a pinch of day-umm.

The sexy moments were steamy, but not raunchy. It was nice to be able to read something and not cringe because someone is going to town for five chapters or a virgin is being tied up and spanked. This was real, honest, and somewhat emotional. Above all it was fun.

Her voice echoed in the night air as she screamed out his name. ~The Winemaker's Dinner

I also loved that there were so many different elements to this book. There are two great authors, a character that is also kinda real, some real facts are thrown in (but you don't exactly know which ones) and it all came together so seamlessly that I wasn't distracted away from the plot. Oh! All the chapters were also song titles, so if you wanted to get crazy with it you could jam along with our dynamic duo.

I know this review is really a non-review, but please do me a favor and pick this book up on July 31st so I have someone to squee with over it! I have read so many books in the last few years and I rarely rave like this. Then you need to get on facebook and stalk Ivan and Everly (don't worry, I think they secretly like it). Don't worry... I will leave you with some links and pictures.

Now all you have to do is poor a glass of wine and enjoy! Cheers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Appetizers.

Ivan Guilty.. I secretly love it! ahha!!

Thank you so much for the kind words Amanda!! and for making me smile tonight :)

All the best... hope you like the next two as much as the first ;)