Dani Shuping's Reviews > B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, Vol. 2: Gods and Monsters

B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, Vol. 2 by Mike Mignola

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: graphic-novel

ARC Provided by NetGalley

Hell. A living Hell. That’s the best way to describe the current condition of the world. Strange and deadly creatures haunt the landscape and they hunt the humans they encounter. But there are survivors. A strange young woman named Fenix is able to lead a small group of wanderers through danger with what seem to be psychic visions. And B.P.R.D. wants to talk to her. They’re still stretched thin with Hellboy and Liz both MIA and in fighting and bickering may lead to the destruction of the team. In other parts of the world strange new and bloody cults have arisen, some practicing the art of human sacrifice. And a former B.P.R.D. agent maybe all that stands in their way.

I’m still a bit behind in the B.P.R.D./Hellboy Universe, but I’m quickly catching up and I was excited to have a chance to read this next collection in the series. It’s just as action packed as the first one and will have you on the edge of your seat as you wonder what will happen next, not just to Abe and his team, but to the reappearance of a lost agent and the other characters we encounter. It’s another solid writing job by Mike and John and I can’t wait to see where they take us next in this storyline because it promises to be a thrilling ride.

If you're an avid Hellboy/BPRD fan then this is definitely the book for you. But if you haven’t read the first volume go and pick that up first then come to this one and be prepared for a wild ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth, Vol. 2.