Celise Winters's Reviews > When You Were Mine

When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

This book deserves five stars! I liked this book better than the original Romeo and Juliet story by Shakespeare. This was intoxicating and fresh! Ms. Serle will make a great addition to the YA field.

If I had to pick a favorite character, it would definitely be Len. I liked him since the beginning. He was different, and sweet, in his own way. Charlie would be my second favorite character. I loved her wittiness!

When You Were Mine basically just throws you into the plot. There are lots of flashbacks sprinkled all throughout the book. The flashbacks usually involve Rosaline and Rob when they were children. I wish I could have seen more Len and Rose. They were so cute together!

The only complaint I have about this book was the feud between Juliet's and Rose's family. I wanted it to be a complicated feud, and when I found out the reason that began the fight, I was disappointed. But, besides that, this book was a quick, tragic and cute read. The depressing parts in the book were not executed to a point where it made you want to cry.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Were Mine.

April 24, 2012 – Shelved