Rebecca ♥ Ash, Kishan, Warner ♥'s Reviews > Apollyon

Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, romance, mythology, fantasy, memorable-men, own-ebook, reviewed
Read from April 10 to 15, 2013

I always loved this series more than anything else Jennifer L. Armentrout has written, and Alex is one of my favourite heroines of YA fiction. But this book didnt really live up to the standards for me. All the previous books were given 4/5 and I was considering pushing some up to 4.5. But I feel like this one only deserves a 3.5/5. Not a lot happened in this. Everyone stayed in the cabin for the first half of the book. It wasnt until Alex got the idea that Solaris knew how to kill the First, that we left that setting. I thought it would be an epic trip that would last most of the book, with lots of danger and obstacles, similar to Everbound. But it went off without a hitch and they were back in record time. Then they headed to find sanctuary at another Covenant. And I guess the climax was the fight when she discovered who the god was that was helping Lucian and Seth. But it wasnt even a battle, just a fight. Then it was done. Thats it!

But I still love the characters. I love Alex, and I love Aiden! And I love Deacon and Luke! And Marcus! And Seth! OMG Seth breaks my heart! I cant wait to come face-to-face with him again. I was Team Seth for the first two books, until Deity. But I still love him so much! I still believe in him! I love the world of the Halfs and Pures that Jennifer created, and I love mythology. Only one book left and it better be epic!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apollyon.

Quotes Rebecca ♥ Ash, Kishan, Warner ♥ Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Oh, I was two seconds from jumping on his back and strangling him from behind… with love, of course.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Dying isn't the only way into the Underworld, but it's the safest."

Well, that sounded like an oxymoron if I'd ever heard one.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Flipping to the front, I caught Aiden's gaze and offered a sympathetic smile.

"Skittles?"

"Please."

I dumped some into his open palm, then picked out the green ones. Aiden grinned at me.

"You know I don't like the green ones?"

Shrugging, I popped them in my mouth.

"The few times I've seen you eat them, you leave the green ones behind."

Deacon popped his head between our seats.

"That's true love right there."

"That it is."

Aiden's gaze flicked to the road. I flushed like a little schoolgirl and focused on the remaining pieces of candy until Deacon drifted back into his seat. I handed all the red ones to Aiden.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I would never give up on you, Alex. Never."
"Then why are you being such a--"
"What?" His voice dropped low. "I'm being what?"
Infuriating. Stubborn. Thick-skulled. Freaking sexy.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I'd face down a horde of spiders for you, baby." I grinned at the sound of his laugh again. "For real."
"Thats true love there. Some serious stuff," he teased.
"It is.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Springing into the air, I spun and delivered a nasty I-hope-someone-sees-this spin kick.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“The Hummer hovered there a second, and then flipped over the second vehicle. Through the air it tipped over and over--something was flung from one of the windows, perhaps a person.

Seatbelts save lives.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“We were enemies to the core, more so now than ever, but my loss was his. When I suffered, he suffered. It was the way we were built, and even the death that he had indirectly caused couldn't breach that or shatter what lay between us.

Nothing could.”