Akilah's Reviews > The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondō

bookshelves: 2020, audiobook, feb, poc, self-help

This is probably the best self-help book I've ever read. It's grounded in spiritual practices like gratitude, and it has clear, actionable steps that can be taken immediately.

I listened to the audio, so A+ on the narration as well. This is a book in translation, so some of the terms were awkward to my American ears, but I got over that pretty quickly.

Also, my favorite part about this book is all of the stories about a tween Marie Kondo trying to tidy her family's home, so it was like having a bonus middle grade story in the pages of a self-help book. Hot tip: I would 100% read a good middle grade novel about a girl trying to tidy up her family home while realizing that she really needs to deal with her own stuff instead. Come to think of it: that's probably why I liked this book so much. I saw the adorable middle grade novel within. Also, of course, I can now easily find all my clothes because I use the KonMari folding method.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.

March 30, 2015 – Shelved (Flexibound Edition)
March 30, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Flexibound Edition)
Started Reading