RopeSwing Reads's Reviews > The Last Flight

The Last Flight by Julie   Clark

First thing: read this book.

Even if you’ve read a ton of female driven suspense #metoo books recently and are tired of the narrative, READ THIS BOOK ANYWAY. (Also read The Night Swim by Megan Goldin already voted a RSR book club pick of 2020)

Claire has been planning in secret to escape her abusive husband who is from a powerful political family. She has planned it down to the detail until a last minute change of plans by her husband forces Claire into the ultimate course of destiny. When she meets Eva in line at the airport, Claire and Eva hatch a plan to exchange their destinations.

We only requested The Last Flight by Julie Clark because we’d received several book club questions about it and the buzz they’d been hearing. Several want to make it their June book club read, so we decided to dig in and SUPER THANKFUL we did.

The book unfolds so well that I personally would stop, fix my coffee or tea, ponder the circumstances I’d just read and what they could mean. I was never confused at the back and forth between Claire and Eva because it written so well.

I loved this book! The suspense was so enthralling I couldn’t wait for the next opportunity to pick it up. I have no doubt it’ll be a huge summer book of 2020 for all the clubs!

​Thanks Sourcebooks Landmark and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Flight.

Started Reading