Kelli Lee's Reviews > The Vicious Deep

The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Córdova
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vicious Deep.

05/06/2012
10.0% "My first mermaid book. And I'm loving it thus far."
05/06/2012
10.0% "Is this the story of Ariel and Prince Eric, sixteen years later? No, for real. MC's, Tristan mom has Viking red hair. Son Tristan looks nothing like his über wealthy dad. Only mom. Hmm. Still very enjoyable nonetheless."
05/07/2012
15.0% "No, but really, is Tristan's mom Ariel? Is this Once Upon a Time-esque. The red hair and its constant mentionings aren't helping. Back to reading."
05/08/2012
17.0% "Tristan totally had a Splash movie moment. Bathtub, breaking out in fins, merman tail, being caught, Daryl Hannah, Tom Hanks. Anyone?"
05/08/2012
17.0% "Seriously considering DNFing this book. Started out all fine and dandy. But now it's annoying me. And instead of wanting to read more, all it's making me crave is a pool as in me swimming in one stat. The constant quips aren't quip-y but irritating. And constant 'what about my junk' references. Really? Really? I'm cringing at the dialogue. Just sayin'."

message 1: by Leanna (new)

Leanna you should try the Monica Hughes one that takes place underwater as your SECOND merfolk-ish book. (Not really merfolk, but some people have developed gills... the title escapes me at the moment)

message 2: by Kelli (new) - added it

Kelli Lee Thanks, Leanna, for the book rec. looks really good. Sci-fi (moonboy) meets merfolk. I added it to my TBR list and knocked it up near the top. :)