CCAM&GZM's Reviews > Malice

Malice by Pintip Dunn

I think is the first time when I’m rating a book before finishing it. The risk of an unfulfilling end didn’t matter; I had hope that what was to come will be as good as what I have already read. It was even better.

Traveling in the past in order to save the world is far from a new theme as it was the center of many good books and successful movies. But Mrs. Pintip Dunn has created a fresh and excellent story. It’s a young adult story that bests many of the adult ones and/or of reputed authors.

Malice has intelligence, mystery, love. Mrs. Pintip Dunn has gracefully played with them and used them to create a puzzle which if it is to remain unsolved could cost our existence itself. A jigsaw in which the pieces and their pattern change all the time and hard decisions must be taken and executed. Messages are artfully delivered.

I liked that all the details are relevant, nothing remains unused, and everything is connected. The fantasy and reality come together naturally and in a… believable way. The pace is good, the thrill, passion, weaknesses, and strengths are there, curiosity is well maintained. The path to the climax is skillfully handled. Hope is not lost.

I loved Malice and I’m past YA age. I’m sure you’ll love it too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malice.

February 6, 2020 – Started Reading