Chelsea's Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Syrie James

bookshelves: ya, supernatural

I was immediately entranced by Forbidden's beautiful cover. I love it. Thankfully the story was just as engaging. While the story is told in third person, each chapter alternatives in perspective.

Claire Brennan goes to Emerson Academy where she works hard to maintain a high grade point average in order to retain her scholarship. She has two great friends - Brian and Erica and has a huge crush on Neil, a fellow classmate. When Alec turns up with his good looks and Scottish accent her world changes.

As she begins to have visions of the future, Alec's secrets come to the surface and the love they begin to feel for one another becomes more and more forbidden and dangerous.

Overall this book had a fresh perspective on Angels (yep, its about angels if you hadn't already deduced from the cover =P). This is the first in a possible trilogy, it all depends on whether they will be signed on for a further two books, which I think the duo will be. The story has real possibility to develop further and become even better. I liked both Claire and Alex as characters, though I thought that they fell in 'love' way too quickly. I look forward to reading more about Claire and Alex and finding more about this exciting new world.

Review also seen on: http://tarnishedmirrorsreviews.blogsp...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.

April 24, 2012 – Started Reading