Rose Ann's Reviews > Alphabet Weekends

Alphabet Weekends by Elizabeth Noble

Sep 01, 2008

bookshelves: borrowed-from-library, read-in-2010
Read from April 01 to 06, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I loved the idea of this book, and it was just what I expected. I wasn't disappointed.

SPOILERS BELOW>>>>>>>>>>>

I have to comment on some of the letters that stood out for one reason or another....

D - Do It Yourself....I thought it was so funny that Natalie picked this, having Tom stay at her flat to put together some shelves for her, while she went off to the spa for the day.

J - Job Swap......Having Tom spend the day at her job, made her come to the realization that she was still at this job for the wrong reasons, or no reasons really, and it was holding her back. I like that she realized that.

M - Meet New Peope....I thought this was a riot. Tom making Natalie go to a speed-dating service....too funny!

S - Simon......So happy she realized how self-centered he is....I was so sad for Tom though, when Simon came back...even if it was briefly.

X - X Marks the Spot......Tom had drawn and X on Natalie's chest while she was sleeping....she woke and asked what it meant and he said..."X Marks the spot, where your heart lives, and mine is now lodging"....so sweet!

I also liked that there were other relationship issues going on too, with Anna and Nicholas, Natalie's parents. Their strength and love to perservere depression and a stroke.

Lucy, Tom's sister-in-law, I didn't like her. I thought she was selfish, and I can't believe Patrick would settle for being second best...he needed to grow a pair....lol Although I am glad that when Alec told her he was staying with his wife, that she didnt stay with Patrick just because. So I suppose she did do the right thing by not staying with Patrick.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alphabet Weekends.

04/01/2010 page 77