Tari's Reviews > Here Comes the Body

Here Comes the Body by Maria DiRico

bookshelves: 2020-ebooks

Mia is different from any main character that I've come across yet in cozies, and I think that's why I like her so much! I love her sass but good attitude toward things. She managed to survive being a suspect in her still-missing husband's death and was happy to be living with her Nonna again in Queens.

I loved seeing Mia and Jamie together even though she tried to make everyone think she didn't have strong feelings for him. Guadalupe and Nonna were two of my favorite characters. It was cool that Guadalupe and another employee Cody were former military which seemed to make for a smooth running catering hall, well until the murder happened. I didn't have any idea who the killer was, and the showdown was really exciting. Being a former mobster's daughter definitely had prepared her for taking care of herself in every emergency. The most unlikely person came to her assistance, and I wonder if this person will be back as a new friend.

The way the book ended (no cliffhangers, no worries) made me anxious to read the next one. I loved that Mia seemed to be embracing everything stereotypical about her dad's former life if people wanted to buy into that. If it sells the banquet space....;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here Comes the Body.

February 5, 2020 – Shelved