Luke Burrage's Reviews > Planetfall

Planetfall by Emma Newman

liked it
bookshelves: audio-book, recommended-by-sfbrp-listeners, reviewed-on-the-sfbrp

A perfectly fine book, but I understand why, when the second Planetfall book was recommended to me, I was told "You don't have to read the first book in the series." I was interested throughout, but nothing really jumped out and grabbed me as new and interesting. It's like the perfect 3.5 star novel for me!

Full review on my podcast, SFBRP episode #418.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Planetfall.

February 3, 2020 – Started Reading
February 5, 2020 – Shelved
February 5, 2020 – Shelved as: audio-book
February 5, 2020 – Shelved as: recommended-by-sfbrp-listeners
February 5, 2020 – Shelved as: reviewed-on-the-sfbrp
February 6, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Jenny (Reading Envy) Oh, I'm looking forward to this episode, will listen tonight. I recently finished book 2 and it was nothing like I expected, and now I'm wondering at what point do I find out what happened after the end of book 1? Book 3? :)

Luke Burrage Jenny (Reading Envy) wrote: "Oh, I'm looking forward to this episode, will listen tonight. I recently finished book 2 and it was nothing like I expected, and now I'm wondering at what point do I find out what happened after th..."

I really appreciate how different it was to the first book.

Ryan The Ruminating Reader They're all different! Emma Newman's pinned tweet says that the four books can be read in any order but I'd dispute that claim with the fourth book.

Congrats on the house move btw. It made for a good episode setting what with the books storage problem plot.

Jenny (Reading Envy) Luke wrote: "You get a mention in the podcast! I also saw on Instagram that you’d just finished the second book. I just finished it too, but will wait for Juliane to finish it before doing a podcast review on it.

I really appreciate how different it was to the first book."

The bits at the end that connect it made me want to keep reading, again. And gave a few more details.... I was surprised that most of it was a murder mystery!