Jacquie's Reviews > Malice

Malice by Pintip Dunn

Riveting! Time travel meets end of world prophecies in this spellbinding #fantasy by Pintip Dunn.

Alice is a normal teenage girl going about her life until one day, a voice from the future informs her that she’s been chosen to save the world from a deadly virus.

Farcical?

The voice has a way of insisting that’s hard to ignore. Before long, Alice is on a life and death mission where every person is a suspect and murdering someone she cares about may be the only answer to solving a global annihilation.

There are so many elements to this story. The author does such a magnificent job of juggling them all into believable theories that she left me guessing to the very end how it would all turn out.

Favorite Lines
“Try.” The word is wrapped around a smile. “Reach for me. I’m waiting.”

Malice- Pintip Dunn
“I trust you because I noticed you long before you ever approached me on that basketball court,” he says quietly. “Because you bring two lunches to school every day, one for you and one for your brother. Because when I talk to you, sometimes you forget to blink. And so help me, that makes me feel like the most important person on the planet.”

Malice- Pintip Dunn
I love the depth and breadth of these characters. It’s impossible not to get caught up in their desperate fight to survive, and yet, it’s those quiet, intense moments like the one above that made my heart flutter.

I give Malice 5+ lovely kisses- Poignant and heart wrenching!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malice.

February 5, 2020 – Started Reading