Tari's Reviews > Death by Chocolate Frosted Doughnut

Death by Chocolate Frosted Doughnut by Sarah Graves

bookshelves: netgalley, wish-list, 2020-ebooks

From practically the beginning of the book, Jake and Ellie were pitched right into a lot of action and adventure. Some of it was pretty funny like the snake and the caterpillars that Jake somehow met up with. After finding the dead body of a hateful TV foodie in her basement, Jake was eyed as a suspect, since the whole town had heard and seen her arguing with him and threatening him. With Ellie's help, Jake set about proving her innocence. Did she let a concussion or a bunch of scrapes stop her? Naaaaaa. Jake wasn't real great about following instructions or rules when it came to proving something.

This was a real roller coaster ride of a mystery. I had an idea of who was behind it and possibly why, but it was fun to read and see how much was going to happen before they got caught. Jake really managed to get into some crazy scrapes this time, but she and Ellie always came out as winners.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death by Chocolate Frosted Doughnut.

February 4, 2020 – Shelved
March 3, 2020 – Started Reading
March 4, 2020 –
March 4, 2020 –
March 4, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Barb (new)

Barb I've been enjoying her Home Repair is Homicide series, but haven't finished it yet. Knowing that I am a pretty rigid read-in-order person, should I finish that series before starting this one?

Tari Hi Barb, I hadn’t even realized Jake was from another series until I got the ARC of the first book in this one. I thought the author did a good job explaining things, but if you’re worried about there being any spoilers affecting how you’d enjoy the rest of the Home Repair series, maybe it would be better to finish that series. I’d like to start it and have a look back at her previous life. Hope that helps a little! 🙂