Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀'s Reviews > Malice

Malice by Pintip Dunn

bookshelves: arc-2020, high-school, suspense

This YA sci-fi had me hooked from the very first chapter! Storytelling at it's finest with a loveable, slightly awkward heroine that gets thrown into a mission that's so much bigger than her semi-normal high school life.

Time travel plays a big role in this book in the most unique way. I don't think I've ever read a book that approached time travel in this way. Our heroine Alice gets news from the future that someone she attends school with goes on to create a deadly virus in the future that kills 2/3 of the world's population. She is then faced with the monumentous task to stop the Maker at all costs. There is the added issue of the fact that she doesn't know the Maker's identity. All of this had me so intrigued and fully invested in the story. An absolute page turner!

There are threads of romance in the form of budding young love but it's not a dominant theme. Never mind that though because there was so much more going on. This story is so engaging with a masterful suspenseful plot that had me constantly trying to figure out the ending. I definitely recommend to all YA and sci-fi lovers!

4 Stars
Young Adult/ Sci- Fi
POV: Heroine
Heat Level: N/A
HEA: Yes

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malice.

Started Reading