MJSH's Reviews > Fall from Trace

Fall from Trace by Rebecca Connolly

bookshelves: book-tours, read-2020

“A treasured thing once broken becomes more favored, does it not? More precious for the fear of losing it forever? We are more careful with it, more mindful, and more aware. The damage wakes us to the true, irreplaceable value of it, and we love it all the more.”

Such a delightful book set in Regency England with a group of swoony spies, intrigue, action and fight scenes, and heart-stopping romance! This is book 5 in The London League series and can definitely be read as a stand-alone. I do, however, recommend reading the other books in the series because they are equally delightful and fun. The author has a witty and down-to-earth writing style that really makes the reader connect at a fundamental level with the characters. And the characters! Alex is loyal, fierce yet so broken in body and spirit after having been held captive for four and a half years. Poppy, who is fiercely passionate, independent and resourceful, has loved Alex for almost all her life and spends her days in mourning after Alex’s supposed death. Their reunion is heartbreaking and thrilling. Alex has to deal with his nightmares and PTSD from his prisoner days but slowly re-enters the world with help from his brothers-in-arms and Poppy. I am totally satisfied with how the operatives of The London League have found true contentment and purpose. But there’s more to come! I can’t wait to read book 6 in this series.

If you love clever and well-written Regency romance, this book and the entire series is a must read. I received a copy of the book from the author/publisher via Singing Librarian Books Tours and was under no obligation to post a positive review. All comments and opinions are solely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall from Trace.

February 3, 2020 – Started Reading