Pragya 's Reviews > Stay with Me

Apr 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, library
Read from April 23 to 26, 2012

This is such a cute book. I don't think I have ever read a more cute childhood/ teenager romance without it being mushy or in-your-face. This one's really balanced. You get to see both aspects of the teens - the childish as well as the mature ones.

It is a very beautiful love story that is not seen much in today's teens but I hope it exists somewhere because it's just so adorable. Love the dog's part too and he has an extremely important role to play in this book.

The book shows how one decision/ mistake can change your whole life and it does so very subtly. The writing is simple. The characters are very well-developed and you tend to like and love them as if your known's.

This heart-touching, heart-breaking book makes for a nice, one-time read.

Why didn't I love it? The concept is new, the characters are well-built, the carrying out of the plot is cute. BUT. I love pace in my books and of course this one's a slow one. I like my books to surprise me. It didn't really do that. I like my books to have marvelous twists and turns, it didn't have that. I want my books to grip me till the very end and frankly speaking, the book doesn't have that kind of a power.

Having said that, I did enjoy reading it and will recommend it. But if you have other amazing books on your list, you can pick this up a little later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stay with Me.

04/23/2012 page 78