Esme Addison's Reviews > A Deadly Inside Scoop

A Deadly Inside Scoop by Abby Collette

I was super excited when I heard about this book deal. Culinary cozies are a favorite of mine, and I've never read an ice cream shop cozy - something I didn't know I needed in my life! Abby Collette's A Deadly Inside Scoop does not disappoint.

There was so much I enjoyed about this well-written mystery: the likable, relatable main character, Bronwyn, her big supportive family, the ice cream - did I mention the ice cream? There's a lot of it: people eating it, people making it... I enjoyed all of the ice cream details, and you'll do well to have a big scoop of ice cream in hand as you read. There's the obligatory charming small town full of interesting shops and quirky characters, and the mystery was well plotted and chock full of fun references to television and literary amateur sleuths.

All in all, a solid start to a new series. I'm looking forward to reading book 2 in An Ice Cream Parlour Mystery.

Readers who enjoy cozy mysteries, culinary mysteries, ice cream (!) and culturally-diverse characters will enjoy this first in a series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Deadly Inside Scoop.

Finished Reading