Sharon Buchbinder's Reviews > Hiding Among the Dead

Hiding Among the Dead by Chris   Bauer

bookshelves: human-trafficking, mystery, body-trafficking, suspense

From the moment I opened this book on my Kindle, until I closed it a few hours later, I was enthralled. A unique business (crime scene cleaning) with unusual owners and employees (ex-Navy Seal, woman in need of new lungs, an amnesiac), a crime syndicate I did not see coming--and well, let's just say the plot is not predictable. No spoilers from me.

The characters were well-drawn, quirky, and endearing (well not so much the some of the villains), but even the villains had great back stories. Not mustache twirlers. The heroes and heroines felt like I'd like to know them in person, with all their foibles. I keep thinking about them and wondering if there will be another book with them in it.

Bottom line: The beginning hooked me, the middle drug me along with the hook firmly wedged in my brain, and the ending was symmetrical and satisfying. I give this book 5 industrial sized, shiny new pressure cookers with a side order of highly recommend and you must read this story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hiding Among the Dead.

Finished Reading
February 1, 2020 – Shelved
February 1, 2020 – Shelved as: human-trafficking
February 1, 2020 – Shelved as: mystery
February 1, 2020 – Shelved as: body-trafficking
February 1, 2020 – Shelved as: suspense

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Bev (new) - added it

Bev Taylor a welcome change for an author to get away from the stereotype story lines

bev