Jena Henry's Reviews > Happy and You Know It

Happy and You Know It by Laura Hankin

Read 2 times

Clap your hands for this book! And I hope to surely show you how much I enjoyed this novel.

I savored every page because each one is filled with heart and understanding. Yes, there are plenty of closeups of our current times, and snapshots of what it’s like to be mother of a baby when you were used to being an independent woman. In an Instagram world, are we still real?

We meet a playgroup of Mom and their babies, the lifestyles of the rich in New York City. We also get know Claire, a young musician who entertains the playgroup. Their worlds aren’t as disparate as they first believe. Each Mom in the playgroup is a well-developed character, as is Claire.

At the beginning of the story, we are part of a wild scene which is not resolved until the end. Even though we know that there is some kind of problem, there are more twists and turns in this tale than a Chutes and Ladders game, as the wheels on the bus come off.

Engaging, insightful, fun exciting- I highly recommend this book. And I’m also glad that my kids are adults and fine! Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley Publishing Group for a digital review copy. This is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy and You Know It.

Finished Reading