megs_bookrack's Reviews > Cress

Cress by Marissa Meyer

bookshelves: ya-fantasy-to-read

**4.5-stars rounded up**

Lift off!!! I am over the moon for this series!!

Our favorite fugitives, Cinder, Thorne, Scarlet and Wolf, are on the run. They surprisingly continue to evade all authorities as they travel through space.

Their best hope for a clean escape lies in a girl kept captive, and alone, on a satellite. Cress, unbeknownst to them, has actually been helping them evade capture for a while.

A genius hacker, she has been able to keep the Queen's forces from locating the fugitive ship.

During this time, she has developed a healthy crush on our very own, Captain Thorne.

When Cinder and crew try to rescue Cress from her virtual prison, things go terribly wrong and their group is separated.

Now they must not only try to evade the Queen, but also try to reunite again as the stakes are raised even higher, with the fate of the entire Earth in their hands.

I loved the introduction of Cress as a character. There is something so sweet and relatable about her.

Once the group gets separated, she gets stranded with Thorne and they have to work together in order to survive. Their relationship...

I ate it up like a school girl. I cannot wait to see where that goes in the next book.

Speaking of the next book, I need to read it so soon!!!! If so, this will be my first completed series in A WHILE!

Hoping Queen Levana gets hers in the end. Precious Kai deserves more, as does my girl Cinder.

So, in short, loving this series with my whole heart. Incredibly happy that I finally decided to give it a shot. It has far surpassed all of my expectations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cress.

January 31, 2020 – Shelved
January 31, 2020 – Shelved as: ya-fantasy-to-read
January 31, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
March 3, 2020 – Started Reading
March 4, 2020 –
page 42
7.61% "Awwww, I love Cress. What a great character addition!"
March 5, 2020 –
page 102
March 7, 2020 –
page 210
38.04% "LOVING the dynamic between Cress & Thorne 🥰"
March 8, 2020 –
page 292
March 11, 2020 –
page 520
94.2% "Whoa, I really haven't updated this in a bit.
Just met Winter and she reminds me so much of Luna Lovegood...but in space!

"
March 11, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Jenn The best book in the series!

megs_bookrack Jenn wrote: "The best book in the series!"It was really good! I definitely loved the introduction of Cress...and Winter there at the end. I cannot wait to read the final book.